Wednesday 8 August 2012

Getting ready to go

So today is the last day of preparation for the Ukraine trip, its funny when I was younger I'd leave home for a trip with a few clothes stuffed in a bag and a camera in my pocket with a couple of rolls of film and some cash and that was it. Now it takes an age, mobile phones, cameras, laptops and all the associated chargers and paraphernalia that comes with them take up loads of room. Problem is I'm keener than ever to capture the events on film and video and instead of spending my nights getting blazing drunk in a bar I prefer to sit outside my tent listening to music and watching the world go by (and occasionally still getting blazing drunk!) so the equipment needed grows, not a good thing at all.
Of course this is a wee trial for the big trip later in the year so we'll load all the stuff we'll take to Argentina and see how the system works. I thought you might like to see my latest mod, my sheepskin rug seat, allegedly stops the butt pain on a long trip, I'll try anything that makes life easier so well see how it goes, looks a tad ridiculous but if it works its a damn sight cheaper than a custom seat!!

2 comments:

  1. It'll only be rediculous if you glue some left over sheepskin to your helmet ...with some Rams horns...Be interesting to see how it works. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon voyage,
    I hope the wooly jumper prevents the Pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE), also known as Alcock canal syndrome! Keep chilling; the box Brownie, rolls of film, the works of Shakespear and an Internet cafe as the luxury could be the lighter way to go.
    Ora best and no wood alchohol, "You'll go blind!".
    Regards, Bill.

    ReplyDelete