Thursday 9 November 2023

Motorcycling to keep me sane

 Well, no sooner had Fionas ER6 left the garage and it was replaced with a BMW. Followers of this blog will realise I am not the biggest fan (even though up until last week we still had 2!)  But i started wondering if the older airheads are a good buy at the moment, I managed to find a very low mileage one on Ebay for a good price and last weekend we went down to Leeds in the van to pick it up. The Journey was uneventful except for taking the road through Bradford, despite the state of the place we found out its a Low emission Zone so I had to pay £9 to travel through their shitty streets full of rubbish and what looked like derelict houses, I was miffed to say the least.

Anyway, Monday I wen't over the bike carefully, it's far from a show queen which is ok as it will be used this Winter but it's in good condition. Tuesday I went for an inaugural run and was quite impressed, it's the 4th airhead I have had , all the others were winter bikes and commuters and to be fair they were very reliable. The bike goes well and even stops as BMW put proper brakes on them in 1980, so far I have been quite impressed (apart from the effort it takes to get it on the centre stand) Lets see how this winter pans out. I also MOT'd the 650 BM's this week so that will be the weekend bikes.

I'm glad to get out anytime to keep me from looking at the depressing news, quite apart from death and disruption there scarcely seems to be a day going by without more wastage from the bunch of clowns in Holyrood (never mind Westminster) MSP expenses have topped 25 Million this year, well done guy's girls and whatever else, this to not deliver ferries, bugger up the NHS and another cracker I heard this week to spend £53 MILLION on the Tomatin to Moy part of the A9 Dualling with not a spade being put in the earth. Of course not to mention some obviously thick Health secretary incurring a £11K phone bill for his holiday to Morocco for using his Ipad (which the tax payer will pay for) , Christ man buy a sim when you get in and it costs £10 for plentiful Data to do whatever you would do on holiday.

Thank God I have a motorbike (or 3) to avoid getting too wound up, BTW also heard that the Cooncil aren't getting an insurance payout for Bells sports centre following the flooding because......it flooded because of the Council's incompetence, ye couldny make it up.....

Bikes. photos now......  and happy face


The scenery detracts from the scabbiness (and reality)
at the old brew up spot
Thursday, heading towards the sma Glen
Clouds to the front of me, sun at the back ( sung to the tune of Jokers to the left of me Jokers to the right)
Sheep enjoying a respite from dreichness
Stop for Tea
And deciding that if I stop at Bill's I would get better tea!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! Nice pics. I went other way, Blair', B O' Cally, Kirkmichael, Pitlochry, Bankfoot, Sma' Glen, Pitcairngreen. Washed out roads, roads filled (literally) of field, yet to be shovelled, slick leaves and surface water. I''ll need to fit some Tourance's to the Duke! Good health to you both, Myreside

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, notice I didn't put directions in, don't want you fending off thirsty motorcyclists all day demanding Tea. Nice run, as you say you'll have to get some knoblies on the Duke if you are going to use it in this weather :-) Good to catch up yesterday

    ReplyDelete