Saturday 29 September 2012

Ignored routes

This weekend we're being visited by the Southern Ireland contingent of Martin, Kevin and Mikey, the bad news is Martin and Kevin have brought their Harleys but since they are great lads we'll forgive them for that. I lent Alex my 750 Roadster as his Commando problems are more serious than we thought and we set of down the borders, turning off the A701 at Tweedsmuir for St Mary's Loch. Its a road that I'm seldom on and now I've been on it I must do it more often, little or no traffic and spectacular scenery. A bit cold when we stopped for photos but thankfully the rain never came to much. An excellent lunch and banter at the Tibbie Sheils hotel on the Loch then a wobble back through Peebles. A grand day out indeed !



No comments:

Post a Comment