Sunday 31 October 2021

Last Norton meeting of the season

 Hopefully not the last Norton ride out of the year but certainly the last official Tay Valley NOC meeting, the last weekend in October and it was of course stormy.

Not just stormy, flooded roads and very heavy rain, ideal conditions.... only three Commando turned up, myself, Philly and Wilson on his very nice newly acquired machine, Fiona was on the mk3 Le Mans, a great day, we were joined by Bert and Laurenne who were in the Land Rover (a more suitable vehicle for the conditions), Tam Bradley was a surprise visitor from Barrheed and in true form got lost and ended up doing 99 miles via Perth to get there. Alan who lives a mile along the road decided not to get his bike dirty for a mile and a guy (who's name I have forgotten, sorry) from the Glasgow Triumph owners club came along. Eric of Smokey fame called from Perth as I was leaving to say he was drookit (soaked through) and was turning back to Arbroath to try and catch a smokey as the roads were that wet he reckoned he could scoop some up without going to sea! 

A great blether, plenty tea and cakes and just as we were almost home I lost my clutch in Methven (careless I know) I jumped on the Guzzi, left Fiona to guard the Norton and rushed home for the van of shame, pondering why on the return to get the stricken bike I think I may have forgotten to tighten the clutch adjuster lock nut last week in the excitement of thinking about the meeting, whatever it is it won't be serious and has given the guys more ammunition to slag me.  



2 comments:

  1. Gino/Fiona I am quite disgusted with myself I turned back - all because I presumed all weather is the same as it always is in Arbroath. hence didn't put on the "serious" waterproof layer.
    So by the time I got to Perth it was too late or as we say in Arbroath - Est quodcumque est.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, it was kinda wet, dinnae blame you, roads were treacherous as well, better tae vivere pugnare alius dies as ma auld Latin teacher wid say

      Delete