Saturday 29 March 2014

A busy Saturday

This morning started off with the successful MOT (yearly test) of the yellow Norton at Saltire motorcycles in Edinburgh, friendly people and today was their birthday so a BBQ was in full flow. The run to the MOT station did start badly though when the bike spluttered to a halt about 400 yards from the house, must try to remember to put petrol in the bikes in future!
 Out for a nice run after on the B emm's, cold but dry , unfortunately the mist stopped the full colours of Spring shining through but nonetheless well worth the effort to get out on the bikes today. I then thought it was high time I changed the rear tyres on the bikes, 13,000 miles from the Tourance's, pretty impressive I think. I struggled for a while to break the bead, I managed (with Fi's help) one side but then called in the Calvary in the shape of Alex who of course had the tool for the job, a very cold tyre changing session ensued, thanks Alex!

I have to remind our local viewers that next weekend is the Tay Valley Norton club Huntygowks meeting, we are back at the Tullybannocher cafe near Comrie on Sunday 6th April starting around 11am for a day of kicking tyres and tall tale telling, come along and join the fun, all welcome!

Fi asking why i always take photos of the old bridge here!
Heading into Eddleston
And parked up for tea and scones!
A cold Alex helps me wrestle with a tyre
Old and new, the tyre on the left was last changed in sunny Denver , Colorado 13,000 miles ago, it was a lot hotter then!
And finally the Yellow Norton ready for this years summer fun

2 comments:

  1. I would love to make it but we are to get another 12 inch of snow tonight. I would not make it in time. Still can not get out on the bike :)

    kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that Kevin, I'm sure your summer will start soon then it'll be fun fun fun all the way!
      Gino

      Delete