Tuesday 5 December 2023

Nae Moans

 So December it is, the weather has been a bit Decemberish which is to be expected, as always at this time of year there are occasions where it isn't clever or sensible to take the bike out (Unless you are going on a long trip) So Sunday saw us out in the Transit, not quite the same, not at all in fact but it was warm and relatively safe. I knew Glenquaich would be dodgy so I decided to try and get over it, the first warning just before the top was when I saw 2 cars abandoned in the ditch, matter of fact the range rover was abandoned on its side with the airbags deployed! We started the descent just at the loch at the top and stopped to take some photos. A guy coming the other way told us that the road into Kenmore was blocked by two cars and they wouldn't be going anywhere soon so we turned round and went back. It reminded me of the time not long ago when we were on the bikes and tried to get over it in snow and Ice, at one point we were struggling for grip so I asked Fiona to watch and see if I could get any further , of course the laws of Physics and the coefficient of friction overcame my foolhardiness and I fell off, Fiona had to walk up to help me and the two of us struggled to manhandle my bike back to the point where we managed to make our way safely home. It just goes to show, idiocy has always been one of my traits and is sometimes encouraged by Fiona.

Looking forward to getting out on two wheels soon and not like the Range Rover who's driver thought that two wheels in the ditch would be good!  

  

At this point I thought, we should be on the bikes
Now I wasn't
There is a nice feeling when its like this, but better when its warm!
And with that it was time to clench the butt cheeks for the Descent

2 comments:

  1. HEHE! My old Hillman Imp or the Beetle 1200 would have done it nae bother! Just needed the 1cwt of cement in the fertiliser bag in the front and wheel chains if the going got really bad and both would plough through an awfull lot. Glad you both returned safe and sound, if a bit circumspect. Another box of essentials for a 350 turned up today, having been on a local "tour" due to DHL addressing their label incorrectly, inspite of my supplier clearly using the correct address. Their drivers must have the patience of a Saint, when their own system fails them and they don't use 'What3Words' either! Dunkopff etc! Rain by Thursday, so the salt may be flushed away, but I still wouldn't venture up there for a while. We call it "The Lost Glen". I assume that's why you got a mast installed at the top, just in case? ;¬) Good health, Myreside

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parcels are a bit like the roads just now, you just never know whats going on! That mast is for the Emergency services network (EE) nothing to do with us......
    Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete