Tuesday 18 July 2023

Old photos, younger people!

 I found some older photos and thought I'd post them, most were taken with a digital camera back in the days when the files were tiny, there's a photo of me on my Original Guzzi Le Mans that was scanned from a very small Instamatic camera which is also poor quality but thats what we had then, Happy times with great people (We are lucky to still be having happy time with great people), enjoy the nostalgia and marvel at our hair and the fact our clothes seemed smaller!

Looking forward to the Wee Smokey this weekend at Arbroath where I hope to get some more photos and some crack!!

With Philly and the gang heading to Ireland (I think)
Defo Ireland, tea stop
Checking out the bikes
My Lemans
In a carpark somewhere
Bill Reith about 25 years ago ( he hasn't changed)
I'm assuming in Holland
Belgium?
There is a clue in the sign
Norway
Norway
Norway
Not sure
Not sure
With Wolf and Arno in Norway
France ( at a French Rally near Paris)
Horrific winds getting back to the boat, we had to park the bikes at the side of the building to stop them blowing over (We were all picking sand out of the switchgear for years after)
Alex, Phil chilling, having a Guinness
The Run in Clonakilty, this couple were regulars and sadly no longer with us.
David and Anne looking Younger
Alex and I
This was a very dodgy campsite we stayed in....
Not sure what was going on here
Lochearnhead
And finally my original Guzzi on a trip to the Isle of Man, just before I started racing and traded the bike in for my Honda. We were practicing "getting air" on a back road near Peel 

3 comments:

  1. The old ones are the best, I love the "practising getting air". When is Arbroath, Saturday or Sunday and are BMs allowed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye the auld one's are the best Gino? To answer the question from anonymous the Wee Smokey is Sunday and yes even German bikes are welcome😀
      Eric - Heid Smokey

      Delete
    2. Hi Budge as Eric says B emms are welcome

      Delete