Friday 20 January 2023

More wobbling around

 We managed out last Saturday and Sunday despite the cold, luckily we have heated jackets which makes temperatures hovering around 0 degrees bearable, I have to say the heated clothing has done more to increase my enjoyment of cold weather riding that any other clothing breakthrough. Of course I remember riding around with just a leather jacket and a woolly jumper and jeans in decades gone by but do I miss that nostalgia, not in your life! I have many stories from these days of being so miserable on the bike because of the cold I almost took the bus! (Obviously thats not quite true because I'd rather walk than take the bus and I was never a fan of walking!) I think the heated clothing makes winter riding safer, we used to have to wear so many layers that you couldn't move your neck and obviously heated grips reduce the frozen hand syndrome a bit so it is possible to operate the the clutch and more importantly the brakes!

Maybe I'm getting soft but who cares I'm still out there doing it, If I was really soft I'd have moved to a more temperate climate years earlier. (It's not off the agenda yet!) Even the workshop has been difficult, when its so cold it takes two or three times as long to do anything hence the Commando still isn't finished. My Workshop is very well insulated but the problem is when its 0 degrees it take  a couple of hours to build up the heat to an acceptable level but of course I'm reluctant to give the energy companies more money than necessary. Next year I will experiment with a Chinese diesel heater so instead of giving Dick Turpin Electric and Gas Robbers extra cash I will instead boost the profits of the petrol Robbers, but in a way I will feel like I am winning by burning Diesel rather than "Clean electric" all because of those cretins in power trying to look good with their "Green Agenda" and making clean "free electric" so bloody expensive.

On a good note the little BMW's are consistently returning 70mpg, so we are doing a bit for the environment.....Honest! 


Saturday breakfast at Rait and the long way home
Sunday, Loch Earn
For nostalgia we stopped at the old drum up spot at the side of the loch
Weird to think I was drinking tea here Decades ago
Bikes at rest
Snow on the hills!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good to get out for the weekend in this weather and I know what you are on about with trying to work on the bike in the workshop, it's about time someone started making heated overalls. Hope you both have a good weekend again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its warmed up today Budge, get the spanners oot!

    ReplyDelete