Wednesday 28 December 2022

A lookback at 2022

 Well that was a year I'd rather not remember for some reasons but overall we came out stronger, fitter and in a very positive frame of mind. January I got my old pal Ian Murrie's Triumph ready for sale, drove to the very south of Italy in a van with Graham to pick up old truck parts (4000 miles in 5 days) February I was at the Capper rally camping, a week later went down to collect the Velocette I bought from Dave In Newcastle and the week after that I drove down to Wales to pick up a Guzzi I'd also bought (Christ knows why!)

The beginning of March I had a medical issue which to be honest at the time I didn't know how I was going to end up, I even missed the Old Smokie meeting the following weekend as I was still a prisoner in the Hospital. I'm glad to say that I escaped after a week and started to rebuild my strength and speech, luckily I had a Norton engine to rebuild for Wilson, that was my therapy and made me just get on with it, four weeks later I managed out on my own Norton! Hooray for the healing powers of Motorcycles. Easter came and went, the Guzzi Rally at Falkirk came and went and we bought new bikes figuring that a Russia and Mongolia trip wasn't going to happen soon and that because of my medical episode I realised I didn't have enough bikes. May we set off on our V85's to Southern Ireland for the famous Kilmac meeting and then got a boat to France for a couple of days before going to the BBA meeting in Belgium and then Holland and home via Newcastle.

June we had a Norton weekend in Strontian which was excellent, July we went to Sardinia on the V85's and August to the Begonia rally in Belgium (I took the Norton and Fi took the V85) September we done local stuff including the Vintage club run from Blairgowrie, Then October we had a crazy weekend driving to London and back to pick up a Yamaha Fzr750 for Fiona. We then had a few days in the wind and rain across the North of Scotland to see how our waterproofs were doing (They weren't, they are no longer waterproofs) 

In between we went to Norton meetings, Guzzi meetings, classic bike meetings and generally tried to wear out a few of our bikes.

All in all despite a lapse in March we've been busy and enjoyed every mile and more importantly enjoyed meeting up with our friends. I am hopefully fit and fully charged for 2023 so we can get out and do it all again.

A Happy new year to you all, get out there and do it where you can, don't just dream about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment