Saturday 6 August 2022

Vintage Club Cultybraggan

 I decided to give the Commando a run to Comrie tonight to have a look at some of the bikes at the Stirling Castle VMCC annual run. I was late and therefore missed most of the bikes but it was worth the trip if only to give abuse to some of my friends which were there, I believe the run went well which was great, the Commando went well as well which was even better. Many familiar faces as well as familiar bikes. 

The first time I stayed at Cultybraggan was many a year ago when I was in the Army Cadet Force, my claim for having done service to my Queen and Country, strange you can be a Vet as the Americans call them at the ripe old age of 16, I was proud to have served in the Black Watch Cadets for a handful of weeks until I decided that taking orders were not my Forte, alas there was no fast track to a Generals position so I left but only after I learned to clean and shoot a rifle (at 14) ! 

My next visit was as an engineer, trusted with a top level security clearance to gain access to the "Secret Bunker" for a fault on the Telecom's circuit that would keep our country safe from a potential Russian Invasion! ( Even more of a Joke than the Army Cadets) And finally tonight as a Motorcyclist, the only thing I'm almost qualified to do, looking at some ancient bikes. Life is strange isn't it?

I had a Fish supper at Comrie Chippy and thoroughly enjoyed my run home, motorcycling is great!  


Denis admitting he prefers Nortons
Could have been a DR from WW2
Vincent Single has left the building
Great Scott
Denis's AJS
Model 20
Nice Sunbeam
Matchy
Aerial
Norton
My favorite bike
Well apart from my Commando and the BSA

No comments:

Post a Comment