Wednesday 27 January 2021

Donnington Norton Launch 2009 Part 1

 Trying to keep the photos coming, mostly bikes today, this was from the launch of the Donnington Nortons in 2009, I went there with the intention of putting a deposit on one of the first batch but after speaking to Tweedledee (the owner) and Tweedledum (the engineer???) my cheque book stayed in my pocket, It would be 10 years before the two of them were "found out".

I rode down on the Thursday with David T if I remember correctly and left on the Saturday before the "Dress Ball" on the Saturday night. If I wanted to get dressed as a clown at a bike meeting I could have bought a Harley (I was going to say BMW but oops I have) 

Friday there were track sessions and it was good to see the bikes ridden, some faster than others! 

enjoy, oh and plenty more to follow.

Getting ready for the off
Nice JPN
Nervous? Alan Clark on 510 BNM I think
Did you remember the Petrol
Nice single and twin
Fettling
Commando modernised , nice job
A seeley I think
Look at the front end? 
Alan waiting for the race , hanging back to give the lads a chance
Nortons
I did worry about this lad, map of the circuit on the tank? Home made aerofoil on the back?
Nice take on the Commando cafe racer theme
Cool
Cooler
Very nice

Plenty luggage here
The 961, yours for only £16,000, oh and you may have to wait a few years after you paid for it to get the bike! 
I was mightily unimpressed by the Frame design
Rotaries which had been borrowed, wonder if the rightful owners ever got them back?
Global interest
Gentlemen, start your engines!
Home brewed special
Ian Verrinder from London Branch wondering why I am taking a photo or if he bought me a drink the night before

Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment