Monday 13 April 2020

Week 4 lockdown, a look at 2010

So we enter week 4 of lockdown because of this Chinese virus, now becoming a right pain in the backside, just had the best Easter weekend in a long time with regards to the weather and NO MOTORCYCLING!!! , luckily we can still get parts so there has been fettling in the workshop and my garden is looking nice!
This makes me realise just how much my motorcycling means to me, its so much more than a hobby. most of my friends I have made in one way or another through motorcycling, and most of my weekends (and occasionally weekdays) I've been motorcycling, most of Fiona and my holidays have been spent motorcycling and camping. I have resisted the urge to get out, the state and the media has us all thinking that enjoying ourselves is a major crime against the state so for now I'm towing the line but I think there is a limit and I'm getting close to it.
Not overly happy with the Police state we seem to have turned into very quickly, some police have been overzealous to say the least but then again I suppose the Bams have also had their part to play, and even more annoying is the Petrol price is lower than it has been for ages!!!
Anyhow, rant over and some random photos from 2010 to remind us of happier times... Stay safe my friends.
Fi, myself and Alex leaving the Begonia (remember when you rode a Norton Alex)
Hectors Commando at Braemar meeting
Richard Negus, former MD of Norton with his special Commander at Braemar
Frozen Loch en route to Applecross
It was a cold winter that year
Guzzi Rally in the Black Isle
Martin and Alex, tired after a long day .........
Fiona and Alex
Probably the last time Alex rode his Daytona, Fi was on the Norton, I took the breva
Big Norton turnout at the Heid of the Glen Rally
Adjustments to MVD on the way home
A tale of 3 Nortons....
David if I remember correctly running out of petrol on the A1 (or maybe practicing his squats)
Alex avec Norton
Tam Bradley explaining to Davie how he spent his last sixpence

2 comments:

  1. Guid stuff...no a dry eye in the hoose.Better than aw the Flannelin'..
    Hoo did we no get it in November...guid dark wet days an' dreichness.
    Think a'll jine the Bodmin Bikers Peebles branch....could ye ask sumdy in Portree if they need a pint o' mulk in a hurry..Geordie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers George, we will get oot for a hurl soon

      Delete