Thursday 25 June 2009

The Donnington experience

Got back from Donnington with a misfiring Commando, it did get me home thankfully but didn't seem to like being on the motorway at all. Went to start it on Monday and nothing, several kicks later and no luck so I whipped out the plugs to find no spark. I traced it to the Boyer ignition box, 12v in but no pulses out to fire the coils. Luckily I usually have a spare in stock so an hour later (well I wasn't in a hurry) MVD roared into life again. The oil leak from the rev counter drive isn't too bad but is a pain nonetheless so I ordered new parts up, they hadn't arrived by luchtime today so I botched it up again to hopefully get to Applecross this weekend without polluting the roads. Guess what an hour after I finished the postie arrived with the parts!! Typical but I decided to leave it as is for the weekend. Norton meeting this weekend at Applecross so looking forward to that! If your coming and camping make sure you call the campsite first!

Oh yes the title I almost forgot, Donnington is a disgrace! And to be honest the Norton event, billed as the blue riband event of the year was poorly organised. No useable showers, toilets still suffering from an overdose of Sh*te from the previous weeks music festival, Tea and Coffee and even water not easily available and mostly confusion everywhere and they bloody ran out of beer on the first night ! Apart from that it was great to see the REAL Norton guy's there and have a beer with them and no I don't mean what the club termed the VIP's!

The new 961 a tad dissapointing if I'm being honest as is the bullshit behind it, I really hope i'm wrong about this, and no I didn't put down a deposit on one!

No comments:

Post a Comment