Monday 17 April 2017

Easter weekend

This Easter has been quite cold (in my opinion) Easter Sunday we headed up to Arbroath home to the Smokie and to Eric who organised the 6th Smokie meeting. I have one complaint, he promised me sunshine and warmth, we got rain and cold! There was though warmth in the conversations offered, a great collection of bikes and plenty nice people to catch up with, tongue wagging was certainly the order of the day.
We set off to start with on two Guzzi's, me on the T3 Fi on the Le Mans but the Guzzi god was obviously angry with I suspect the lack of Italian weather and the T3 refused to start, well it pretty much refused to do anything as it transpires the battery has decided not to push out any current so new battery on order. So I took the working Guzz and Fi the Honda. We also used the opportunity after we escaped the clutches of Dundee to roll our Easter eggs, good childish fun! A short blast on the Norton today in what I thought was warmer weather proved me wrong, still bloody cold!

Nice Mk2 - Mk1 hybrid Le Mans
The Gentlemans motorcycle apparently 
Big turn out but nobody stayed too long
Z900
This confused me, Triumph engine in a BSA frame
Nice BSA single
And nice Vincent single
Along with a nice Matchless
Tom Willison's Commando (I think)
The engine of Jakes mighty Falcone
Eric had to show of by bringing this nice Panther
As its a 250 it can't be called a big pussie like its 600 bigger brother (or sister)
Our bikes waiting for us to complete the egg sacrifice
Our eggs, not aware of the fate that would befall them.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the weather Gino/Fiona, just as you guys left the sun broke through, funny that. OK I'm only jokin' it was half an hour after you left.
    Thanks very much for visiting us again, great to see you all.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best function room in the city. The food they served at event venues was warm, fresh and tasty, and the panoramic window is a sight to behold on a clear day. Their main hall was similar to a club/lounge – however, it had more of an intimate feel.

    ReplyDelete