Monday 8 October 2012

Tartan Rally

This weekend was the Tartan rally, resurrected after a year off the calender, as always a good turn out from our group and far too much alcohol taken by all. It was an early night for me as I peaked too early (again!) Ian Lindsay had a go on the Commando on the way up and really liked it, another convert?
It seemed to be a celebration of multiple birthdays and anniversaries so Kate and Ali went mad with the balloons and bunting, cakes were eaten, wine, Vodka and whisky taken, and that was before the pub. The site at Killin has a stunning backdrop and it really was a stunning day which of course meant it was freezing at night!! Frost on the bikes and tents, kind of caught me unawares! A visit on Sunday from the Dommi twins, Sandy and Peter, David T appeared on the Saturday so plenty Nortons flying the flag!
 
 
Stunning backdrop
 Decorated tents!!
They make a nice couple
 At least Bob has the T shirt
 Lunch break en route
 The ladies (Fiona sporting the bespoke Mrs Wilson hat creation) 
 Norries "hip flask"
 Ian scaring the bairns!
 Ian later on!! No comment
 Must have been a good song
 New line in specs

2 comments:

  1. That takes me back! My first bike rally was the 1976 Tartan Rally, near Ardfern. I've got the sticker in my garage and I'm sure I've still got the badge somewhere. Good to see that it's still going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had a year off last year and we thought that was it but its back (some back patch guys there so don't know if that'll be the death knell)

    ReplyDelete