Thursday 7 May 2020

Lockdown incurring madness

Is it right that our basic freedoms are being denied to us. I understand the overwhelming the NHS bit but as far as I am aware apart from Covid patients hospitals are quiet, A&E has never been quieter. What right does any government have to deny us the right to roam (providing the "distancing" measures are met)? I understand how contagious this disease is but the fact I am wearing a helmet, not speaking to anyone and just enjoying a poodle around on my motorcycle is surely low risk?
And before anyone jumps on the "oh but you could have an accident" bandwagon I suspect the great boom in DIY in these strange times is a bigger risk to our NHS.
On the eve of VE day its strange to think that our forebearers who fought for democracy, freedom and the right of free speech are being celebrated amongst a whole host of dubious measures depriving us of our freedom "for our own good"
Why is it alright for groups of cyclists to roam the country exercising whilst the rest of us can't (unless we cycle but that could overwhelm the hospitals with cardiac arrest cases)
Today we should have been leaving for our 6 month trip to the far East of Russia and back, tonight would of been spent at the Guzzi rally amongst friends enjoying the banter.
Am i pissed off? Damned right I am.
Next time the great hordes want to march waving their Chinese made flags, playing the bagpipes and painting their faces Blue chanting FREEDOM, think on, we have none, only an illusion of freedom and that has all but disappeared.
Apologies for deviating away from motorcycling but I am angry.
Normal motorcycle banter will resume soon, very soon, one way or another!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. The government have tried there best but it’s just not good enough
    I want to move to new New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they didn't major mistakes but I wont start a rant. NZ has amazing motorcycle roads I believe and strict heavily enforced speed limits and earthquakes , nowhere is perfect, Argentina is close

      Delete