Sunday 8 March 2015

Time flies

Once again I have to apologise for the lack of updates, main reason is that we have been competing in Trials the last three weekends, competing is maybe stretching it a bit, turning up and being rubbish is a better description. A event near Laurencekirk and then last weekend near Gifford left me sore and very demoralised. The weather conspired against the organisers and for us newbies to the trials scene left us feeling way out of our depth. Last week I was ready to give it up, the lack of any progress, pain from my wrist and ankle led me to think, bugger this for a laugh, also been off alcohol for 3 weeks now , so my first thought was its an easier and more pleasant life drinking and having the occasional ride out on the road bike. My ankle was hurting from an old injury and new boots so I figured out this week a way of stopping the pain ( The Rondelli patented ankle protector is shown below)
After a fraught week at work (not stressed just dismayed really) I took Friday off to make some progress in the garage, progress was limited but at least there was some, the Guzzi T3 I bought in October I thought was ready to go but alas there are a few issues to be fixed before its usable, just what I need another bike in need of repair!
Saturday we had a long overdue ride on the BMW's, a pleasant day and great to be on the tarmac again. Today we were at the trial in Fife where I'm glad to say the organisers took into account that the newbies needed some leeway so they might learn something other than wallowing in the mud picking bikes up. A grand and successful day and my thanks to the organisers, we live to fight another day!
Looking forward to the spring and summer ahead and after today there will be some trials riding included in that.
The pics at the end are courtesy of our team photographer Eck Eadie, Lindsay hurt his back and pulled out so Eck was forced to photograph the D team!! Cheers Eck!



Guzzi T3 adds to long list of things to fix
Waiting in the mud last week to get more muddy
Just beginning a section which I knew I'd ultimately fail
Ahh relief, nice road bikes, gentle, no mud!
Nice colours at Gullane beach
The Rondelli ankle protector (it worked)
Today in the sun
Fi, full of concentration
And again
Me hiding in the bushes
Fi on for another successful climb ( thanks again Eck for the photos from today)

No comments:

Post a Comment