Monday 5 June 2023

A wee Sunday run

 Trying to get some miles on the V85's so we can get them serviced before our September trip so there may be more Modern Guzzi pics on here for a while but thats not a bad thing. The Norton's are ready for the Aberfoyle meeting in a fortnight and we have a Guzzi Dinner on Sunday which I was intended to use my Mk1 LeMans but the dual brakes seemed dodgy when I was out last week so I stripped the Master cylinder and then realised I had ordered the wrong rebuild kit (Not totally my fault) so now it'll be 3 weeks before it arrives!! For those that don't know the older Guzzi's have a linked braking system which I like, the front brake lever operated the front Right Disk and the footbrake operates the front Left disk and rear brake via a compensator valve effectively giving you a 70% front and 30% rear brake simultaneously. Like I say I like it, the V85 has modern brakes which are brembos , the front is great, the rear not so much, I am not a big user of rear brakes but on the rough stuff you need to control the rear and unfortunately the rear brake is not any better than an average 60's british bike! anyhow one of my few moans about the bike.

Onto photography, my other hobby and luckily the two go hand in hand, I have seen that recently Photoshop (a photo manipulation programme) has an Artificial Intelligence tool which allows you to manipulate your photos at a click of a mouse. Before photos could be manipulated in the earlier days by the development process and now in the digital process by programmes like Photoshop, but now even an idiot can produce the most amazing photographs without ever having been there, so the ultimate thing is that you don't have to go anywhere to take photo's, just make it up in your mind, click on the mouse and there's a picture of your bike anywhere you want , even the moon!

I for one will not be going down this route so you can be assured the mediocre photos on here were taken by Fiona or me using a camera and having ridden our bikes there to take it. I consider photos to be the most important part of social history (I love old photos) and will continue to document our motorcycling in the old fashioned way 

Get out there, ride your bike and make sure you take photos! We did yesterday over Glenquaich!


Loving this view 
Braw day
Happy Fiona
Heading into Kenmore
Perfect
And the bikes aren't bad either
And the company neither!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why I am now Anonymous now, Mr T and myself did 220 miles on Saturday and I had a brake down on the A9 coming home and had a half hour to get it going again at the side of the road, did almost another 100 miles on Sunday to make sure a permanent fix I did on Saturday night was ok, lots of photo opportunity and not one taken, I did keep thinking when I was feet up, damn it I should have taken a photo!!! Great photos as usual and good to see you were out on the bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Budge, if you haven't got a photo it didn't happen ha ha. Johnny txt me Sat night. Glad you got it fixed

      Delete
  2. Aye Fiona and Gino, nice pics, thank you for the tootling, watching/listening to TT and also sticking the miles on the Duke/Bros/SRX. Out yesterday and Kat had a "lightbulb moment" that now means her confidence has improved in the corners. HOORAY! Be aware that after the lochan heading towards Perth from Aberfeldy the "TAR PATCHING/SPRAYING" squad were in action and the road is covered in tarred loose stones that are like marbles. Not a roller in sight, lumpy bumpy finish, with gravel all over! Enjoy the Guzzi's and good health, Myreside

    ReplyDelete