Sunday 12 August 2018

Arbroath Smokie Gathering

After a long hot spell Eric organised some damp, cold and wet weather for the Smokie Gathering. I did have reservations about venturing out on such a wet day but Fiona is made of sterner stuff and got me to get my arse and Guzzi into gear. David T was a late arrival and due to the inclement weather there were less bikes than normal however still a good eclectic mix of people and motorcycles. Jake was the final arrival on his Hardley Davidthing and his increasingly unkempt facial hair, we left him and David to discuss the latecomers award. At the end of the day of the what else would you do on a Sunday if you were not wearing out your motorcycle.


Guzzi dirty again
Big Pussy
Unapproachable
Eric's Triumph and small pussy
Small block Guzzi
A10
Smokey Joe
Interesting engineering.

7 comments:

  1. Love your humorous remarks about my bike which embarrassment of course prevents me from identifying except I will say - it's no that sma'!
    Thanks for coming enjoy your big trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I found the rain to be quite warm; not exactly like a hot shower, but better than sna'. Of course the latecomer's division excelled itself by sitting inside eating and drinking tea & coffee for a full 3 hours of perfectly dry weather, watching the car park drying out, and then exited the premises, just as the rain came back on, and of course it was torrential on the way home. Good to see you both, albeit briefly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 Hours FFS, Coffee must have been good if you sat and waited for rain, we too followed the heavy stuff all the way!
      Cheers Jake

      Delete
  3. OH! Was a grand day on Saturday for my run via Blair, Alyth, Kirrie, Montrose to see Eric! Wrong day! :¬( Thought the car park was quiet in the passing. So picked up the Smokies and a piece o' chilli smoked salmon and toured home via Errol and Balthycock. Sorry I missed you all. I'll get it sorted next time. My regards, Myreside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deary me Bill, did the off last year hurt your brain?
      Regards
      Gino

      Delete
    2. What brain? ;)
      Good health
      Bill

      Delete