Tuesday 25 August 2009

Almost ready for the off (again)

Well a day in the garage checking out MVD (my faithful Commando) for this weeks trip to Belgium for the Flanders Norton owners club excellent Begonia Rally, held in Vifwegen near Staden (about 14Km from Ypres). Right in the heart Flanders where so many people lost their lives in World wars. Actually the site is next to the Depot where they explode the bombs and ammunition that are still turning up week after week more than 90 years after WW1, luckily they don't work weekends so there should be no surprises!
The Norton is all serviced again after the Austria trip and raring to go (I hope), I've fitted a small screen and test rode it yesterday and it appears to have made a significant difference to comfort at 70mph so looking forward to a decent test this week.
Following the Begonia we're taking a small tour of Holland before returning home so looking forward to that, here's hoping the weather gods smile on us!
I'll try to keep the blog updated! I usually do it from my mobile which explains the occasional strange words that crop up , honest thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment