Friday 8 May 2009

Lothians Classic club

Decided to take MVD out for a run last night down to the Classic club just off the Edinburgh bypass at Flotterstone. The SU carb is still giving me problems, the bike runs like a dog until it's warmed up and I feel there is a lack of power when accelerating. A feature of the SU is that it does run on the lean side. Having just rebuilt the engine again I think I'll fit the recently aquired 36mm Mikuni. I helped Sandy Bloy fit his and he reports that it's transformed the bike. No power loss from the original twin Amal set up and at least 50mpg. This though will have to wait until I come back from the Turkey tour. Only a week to go now!

Some nice bikes pictured last night including a non standard but tasty and used Rocket 3. Had a good crack with George Martin last night who's just back from visiting his son in the states. He went on a tour of the Harley factory and despite being a British bike man through and through tells me he was very impressed by the quality control. Well I suppose just like John Deere all tractor manufacturers have to up their game these days.


















No comments:

Post a Comment